Wednesday, December 30, 2009

5 x 5 Submission 1 - Alicedean



  
Alicedean's website
Artist Bio: 
My work began moving toward total abstraction in 2008 from earlier projects of pop art such as pills, booze, and sushi. My beginning abstract works display splashes of bold colors and brush strokes.  This current series has been an exploration of monochromes. This individualized study of color has opened my view to the parade of simplicity. I have chosen the simple form of the rectangle/square as it seems to be ever present in all aspects of our lifestyle. We live in boxes, we work in boxes, we travel in boxes, we eat out of boxes. So many things in our lives come from the box. Each day we face the box of our laptop, computer and/or television. These current paintings also take on the form of DNA and computer pixels. The sense of visual bombardment and overabundance bring me to my current process of creating interesting, engaging, and beautiful works using minimal colors and shapes.I feel very fortunate to be an artist. The world is filled with images that provoke thought and of beauty. I am inspired by nature and find bold colors lift the spirit and give a childlike quality to our lives. I hope to create many works that involve the community in play.


To submit work for 5 x 5 , email luara@greygalleryandlounge.com

Check out our blog for more information: 5 x 5 Information

Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment