Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5 x 5 Submission 19 - B. Kim Tran







B. Kim Tran
website: www.bktran.com

Biography
I received my BFA in Painting from the University of Washington. Currently, I live in West Seattle in Cooper Artist Lofts, a historic building that Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association has renovated to house Youngstown Cultural Arts Center as well as 36 affordable live/work spaces. Some of the artists that I am influenced by are: Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Philip Guston, Jackson Pollock and Francis Bacon.

Artist Statement
In my most recent drawings, I am restricting each series to a single subject such as “ellipses,” “words,” or “plaid” and am beginning each of the drawings by mechanically laying down the structural lines of the piece with the use of a compass, a straight edge, stencils or design templates. In doing this, I am not interested in creating anything resembling machine-like precision; instead, I want to explore the process of creating within a specific set of limitations.

To submit work for 5 x 5 , email luara@greygalleryandlounge.com

Check out our blog for more information: 5 x 5 Information

Deadline for submissions is February 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment