Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 x 5 Submission 40 - Nino Yuniardi






Nino Yuniardi
Nino Yuniardi's website
BIO
A native of Indonesia, moved to the United States in 1991 to study art at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA. I received my BFA in 1997. I explore and combined many mediums to re-create experiences in my life resulting in experimentation with materials and techniques that have a sense of playfulness, dreamlike, abstraction with minimalist twists. My work has always been a continuing journey of self-discovery.


--------------------------

ARTIST STATEMENT
Inspired by my 3 year-old daughter, my current work entitled “Sugar Rush” explores life seen from a child’s curious mind. It is a bag full of pleasant and unpleasant surprises, giving me both exciting yet calming, delightful moments.

As a new father, the interaction with my daughter reconnects me to my own fun and loving childhood memories, reminding me of simple, honest curiosities and often funny, quirky behaviors. Recreating them using simple illustration techniques and unique characters helps capture the moments in simple yet vivid imageries. It is, in a sense my personal illustration journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment