Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 x 5 Submission 51 - Linda-Jo Duffy







Linda-Jo Duffy

Biography
Linda-Jo Duffy is a born and bred Northwest emerging artist. As her family has entered the college era, she welcomes more time to embrace her art calling. Born in Seattle in 1958, Linda-Jo graduated from the University of Washington with degrees in both Business and Sociology. She loves persuing her art career and respects Gage Art Academy as a leading art skills “jewel in our own backyard”. Linda-Jo enjoys camping, ocean strolling, hiking, coffee, reading, and raising her family in the most beautiful state in America. Linda-Jo lives in Woodinville with her husband Keith, daughters Lauryn (20) and Jenna-Jo (17), son Brandon (19), 2 cats, and 2 dogs.

Artist Statement
Painting gives me joy, and portrait painting stirs my soul. I strive to capture a unique glimpse into the heart and soul of the person before me. Besides portrait painting I enjoy painting still, land- and dream-scapes.

I work on multiple pieces at a time employing representation, abstraction and invention, while experimenting with a variety of conventional and unconventional mediums. Using many layers of paint and hinted patterns, I try to create a time-worn piece that hints at common experiences of generations past and present. I hope that the viewer will be able to connect the dots with their own personal narrative.

Themes of hope, authenticity and grace infuse my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment